Monday, January 24, 2011

4th of July chat

Walking through the hundreds of people who were returning to the city from the Hudson river fireworks display, I had a NYC chat with two good friends who had moved up a year before me. As we stumbled through the sidewalks, bushes and strollers and struggled to hear one another over the 20 languages that were being chatted in around us, my friend Liz told me how she couldn't see herself living anywhere but NYC - at least for the next 5 years.

“The thing about NY is that you can really be whoever you want to be here, no one cares one way or another what you’re wearing, who you’re walking with. It’s great." – Liz, 24 UES Manhattan

Our friend Rach chimed in with this little gem:
       "Now that I’ve lived here for awhile, you couldn’t drag me back to Florida." -  Rach, 24 Manhattan
     
        Getting on the subway my friend Kels said "  “Don’t fall in love with New York too quickly -  she can turn on you if you’re not paying attention." 
         
          Couldn't have said it better myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment